A complete list of publications by Dr. Wanliang Shan is available here on his google scholar page. These can be broken into three categories as follows:
Peer Reviewed Publications
* denotes Corresponding Author
- M. Tatari, A. Mohammadi Nasab, K.T. Turner*, W.L. Shan*, Dynamically Tunable Reversible Dry Adhesion Enabled by Rapid Stiffness Tuning in a Core-Shell Composite, Advanced Materials, 2017. (In Submission)
- D. Wang, A. Mohammadi Nasab, W.L. Shan, Z. Chen*, Buckling of an Elastic Rod Embedded in a Bilayer Matrix, Applied Physics Letters, 2017. (In submission)
- M. Tatari, A. Mohammadi Nasab, K.T. Turner*, W.L. Shan*, Enhancing Dry Adhesion Through Soft Composite Elastomer Structures, Applied Physics Letters, 2017. (In submission)
- S. Huang, L. Tan, N. Hu, D. Wang, K. Chu, M. Abate, X. Han, W.L. Shan, Z. Chen*, On Post-buckling of a Rod Embedded in an Elastic Medium, Extreme Mechanics Letters, 2017. (In submission)
- A. Mohammadi Nasab, D. Wang, Z. Chen, W.L. Shan*, Buckling Shape Transition of an Embedded Thin Elastic Rod after Failure of Surrounding Elastic Medium, Extreme Mechanics Letters, 15:51-56, 2017.
- A. Mohammadi Nasab, A. Sabzehzar, M. Tatari, C. Majidi, W.L. Shan*, A Soft Gripper with Rigidity Tunable Elastomer Strips as Ligaments, Soft Robotics, 4(4):411-420, 2017.
- A. Tutcuoglu, C. Majidi*, W.L. Shan*, Nonlinear Thermal Parameter Estimation for Embedded Internal Joule Heaters, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 97:412–421, 2016.
- A. Sabzehzar*, W.L. Shan, M. Shariat Panahi, O. Saremi, An Improved Extended Classifier System for the Real-Input Real-Output (XCSRR) Stability Control of a Biped Robot, Procedia Computer Science, 61:492-499, 2015.
- W.L. Shan, S. Diller, A. Tutcuoglu, C. Majidi*, Rigidity-Tuning Conductive Elastomer, Smart Materials and Structures, 24(6):065001, 2015.
- W.L. Shan*, T. Lu, Z.H. Wang, C. Majidi, Thermal Analysis and Design of a Multi-layered Rigidity Tunable Composite, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 66:271-278, 2013.
- W.L. Shan, T. Lu, C. Majidi*, Soft Matter Composites with Electrically Tunable Elastic Rigidity, Smart Materials and Structures, 22:085005, 2013.
- P. Roberts, D. Damian, W.L. Shan, T. Lu, C. Majidi*, Soft-Matter Capacitive Sensor for Measuring Shear and Pressure Deformation, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, GERMANY, May 2013.
- W.L. Shan*, Z. Chen*, Mechanical Instability of Thin Elastic Rods, Invited Review, Journal of Postdoctoral Research, 1(2):1-8, 2013. DOI: doi.org/qh3.
- W.L. Shan*, Y. Yang, T. Hillie, W. Jordaan and W.O. Soboyejo*, Role of Oxide Thickening in Fatigue Crack Initiation in LIGA Nickel MEMS Thin Films, Materials Science and Engineering A, 561:434-440, 2013.
- W.L. Shan, Z. Chen, C.P. Broedersz, A.A. Gumaste, W.O. Soboyejo, C.P. Brangwynne*, Attenuated Short Wavelength Buckling and Force Propagation in a Biopolymer-reinforced Rod, Soft Matter, 9:194-199, 2013.
- J. Du, E.P. Hampp, W.L. Shan, H. Li, G. Papandreou, C. Maryanoff and W.O. Soboyejo*, Adhesion between a Suspended Polymeric Film and a Metallic Substrate: Experiments and Models, Journal of Materials Research, 27(14):1797-1805, 2012.
- W.L. Shan*, J. Du, E.P. Hampp, H. Li, M. Johnson, G. Papandreou, C. Maryanoff and W.O. Soboyejo,Degradation and Adhesive/Cohesive Strengths of a Reservoir-Based Drug Eluting Stent, Journal of Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 14:208-215, Oct. 2012.
- W.L. Shan, J. Du, E.P. Hampp, H. Li, G. Papandreou, C. Maryanoff and W.O. Soboyejo*, Adhesion and Cohesion in Structures Containing Suspended Microscopic Polymeric Films, Acta Biomaterialia, 8(4):1469- 1480, 2012.
- Y. Yang*, H.H. Ruan, J. Lu, N. Yao, W.L. Shan and W.O. Soboyejo, Development of a Micro-beam Method to Investigate the Fatigue Crack Growth Mechanisms of Submicron-scale Cracks, Experimental Mechanics, 49(5):731-742, Oct. 2009.
- P. Hu*, W.L. Shan, F. Yu, Z.S. Chen, Thermal Conductivity of AlN-Ethanol Nanofluid, International Journal of Thermophysics, 29(6):1968-1973, 2008.
- Methods for Fast and Reversible Dry Adhesion Tuning between Composite Structures and Substrates Using Dynamically Tunable Stiffness. Wanliang Shan and Kevin Turner. Full patent filed in Jan. 2018
- Composition, System, and Method for Rigidity Tuning with Conductive Thermoplastic Elastomer. Carmel Majidi and Wanliang Shan. Full patent filed in Feb. 2017
- W.L. Shan, Fatigue and Fracture of Small Structures, Ph.D. Dissertation, Jun. 2012.
- W.L. Shan, Y. Yang and W.O. Soboyejo. Fatigue of AISI 4340 Steel – Short and Long Crack Growth. Technical Report to Walt Disney World Engineering, Orlando FL, Mar. 2010.